[rules-users] Reference a declared FactType from another rule file?

Gerret Hansper gerret.public at gmx.de
Tue Nov 30 15:34:21 EST 2010

Hi all,

does anybody know whether it's possible to reference a FactType declared
in one rule file from another one? I'm developing rules with Eclipse
(using Drools 5.0.1) and the rules are spread over a couple of .drl
files. It would be nice to be able to declare a FactType in one file,
have a rule insert instances of it into working memory and have another
rule in another file (but the same package) use it in its LHS.
I've tried various import statements but the compiler doesn't seem to be
able to resolve the reference.

Thanks,
     Gerret