[rules-users] installing Drools using maven

Tina Vießmann tviessmann at stud.hs-bremen.de
Tue Oct 19 15:16:08 EDT 2010

  Hi,

I would like to install drools for one of my projects using maven. (I've
already ask the maven mailinglist. They said I shall ask here, because
it's Drools related.)
I've set up the repository and the drools reference in my projects POM file.

    <repository>
    <id>Jboss Drools Nexus Repository</id>
    <url>https://repository.jboss.org/nexus/content/groups/public</url>
    <releases>
    <enabled>true</enabled>
    </releases>
    <snapshots>
    <enabled>false</enabled>
    </snapshots>
    </repository>

    <dependency>
    <groupId>org.drools</groupId>
    <artifactId>drools</artifactId>
    <version>5.1.0</version>
    <type>pom</type>
    </dependency>

I know the referenced repository directory contains no jar file, because
I need the whole drools project. I thought the POM contained in the
repository dir would manage that. Because I'm new to Maven, I don't know
if I've configured something wrong or what's the trick. Running my
project I get:

    Validation Messages:
         [0]  'dependencies.dependency.version' is missing for
    org.drools:drools:jar

So how can I set drools as a project dependency?

Thank you for your help!
Tina