[rules-users] Drools Flow BAM

Prafull Kumar to_prafull at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 21 13:17:13 EDT 2010

Hi,

Now we have the extensive BAM requirement on the Drools Flow. From the documents
I got a good understanding of the BAM support, but I would like to clarify the
following points:

1. In the ProcessEventListener can we embed required data from the process,
global variables?

Example I see the following in the file generated by
KnowledgeRuntimeLoggerFactory log file:

<org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>
  <type>33</type>
  <processId>Demo</processId>
  <processName>Demo</processName>
  <processInstanceId>0</processInstanceId>
  <variableId>request</variableId>
  <variableInstanceId>request</variableInstanceId>
  <objectToString>requestID SGH50801DV_20101021214848_0 status
INTERMEDIATE</objectToString>
</org.drools.audit.event.RuleFlowVariableLogEvent>

Its good, But I would like to log the variables as the workflow executes, so
that I can generate the meaningful reports. e.g. If the flow takes one path I
would like to log a variable of a object and for another maybe another part of
the object.

It will help me to create the kind of report I am looking for. Please advice.

2. Any idea on the performance impact if we log these events in the database.
Does the process waits till the event is written in database or this happens
asynchronously as its a event? Please clarify.

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Prafull