[rules-users] Loading facts and memory size limits

bellios carfid at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 04:27:50 EDT 2010

In my application I would to model the Customers-Sales domain and I thought
that drools could help me to express a set of rules to capture (or execute
on-demand) some "special" customers (e.g. take the customers which not
have/have bought some products of category X in the last 6 months).

To do this i'm loading the last 6 months sales into WM, afterwards on demand
i execute the rules. This process fails due the memory requirements. I
thought that Drools would use an hibernate/JPA/  or an incremental
mechanisms to load and process the facts.

@Swindells, Thomas: Do you think that it's the right approach?

@Michael Anstis-2: I will try to study in deep the event
processing\CEP\streaming methods.