[rules-users] Drools Decision Table

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Sun Apr 24 15:16:06 EDT 2011

> 1. How do I load multiple XLS file in one go (comma separated names)?

You have to load them incrementally to the KnowledgeBase one at a time.

> 2. How do I load multiple work-sheets from single XLS file?

You can have multiple RuleSets in one worksheet, please refer to
documentation.

> 3. This huge rule base has to be loaded at start-up. What is the
probability of getting into performance related issues due to big knowledge
base (Performance test matrix)?

The first time you load all speadsheets into a KnowledgeBase will take
sometime, there is no avoiding this. However once this has been completed
once you can serialise the KnowledgeBase and therefore load much quicker on
subsequent uses. I assume the rate of change of rules is much lower.