[rules-users] Running rules from the past

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 13:09:02 EST 2011

For re-running an application as it was released some time  ago you'll need
not only the rules but also Java classes and, possibly, other files, e.g.,
data tables. The Java stuff is bound to be more than just the data model as
you might have it in Guvnor.

So, full Configuration Management usually has to deliver more that Guvnor
(as far as I know) is ready to provide - or else it would compete with svn,
git and whatnot.

A term like "snapshot" is usually different from "release", and the use
case presented by our banker is based on releases. Otherwise they'd be in
trouble.

-W