[rules-users] Can we use Multiple dsl in a dslr

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Feb 4 02:01:17 EST 2011

You can pass your DSL definitions in as many files as you like. As for
expansion, the "expander" statement has no effect: the DSL expander
of a KnowledgeBuilder always uses all DSL definitions it has been fed
prior to the DSLR. To use separate DSL definitions for different DSLRs,
you should use different KnowledgeBuilders to avoid cross-fire.

For splitting DSL files, note that the order of DSL entries matters.

There is no point in keeping a DSL file as a binary object, and therefore
there's no way of doing that. But you can serialize the expanded and
compiled DSLRs as serialized KnowledgePackages.

All of this is valid for >= 5.1.x.

-W