[rules-users] Guvnor another few questions...

Michael Anstis michael.anstis at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 07:01:34 EDT 2011

Thanks for your input Vincent.

I've added some more blurb to your reply ;)

2011/7/7 Vincent Legendre <vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com>

> **
> Some other comments
>
> *Prediates How-to in Guvnor :*
>
> You can use predicates in the dialog box for editing a condition column.
> There are 3 radio buttons for "value", "formula", and "predicate"
>

> *Templates VS tables* :
> Template are more flexible ... may be ... may be not.
> First, in templates in guvnor, you first see the templated DRL, and you
> have to click on a button to edit the table. Businnes users don't care about
> the template, and want to see the table first
> Second, in guided tables, you can set some constraints that are not added
> if the parameter is not set (empty cell). In template, an empty cell results
> in a empty substitution, and generally in a compilation error ... Template
> should incorporate a condition to put a bunch of the template if the cell is
> filled or not, or make all cells mandatory.
>
> But I agree that template offer more possibilities (in term of rule
> complexity) that tables, which must handle "flat" POJO. For you initial
> question, ie using functions in tables, the simpler way is to add a method
> in the POJO itself, but may be not the cleaner way ... Indeed, using tables
> often lead to some model adaptations...
>
> Ideally I'd like to implement "tabular templates" where a column can be any
DRL fragment with place-holders for values and the data is listed in the
rows below. It's on the "to do list".

If the template limitation you mention is causing problems please raise a
JIRA and we can look into changing the behaviour.

> *Langages* :
> You can switch the langage used by adding "?langage=fr_FR" parameter to the
> guvnor URL.
> You can also provide a resource file translated to your favorite langage
> (by browsing the trunk or a grep code) in a JIRA.
>
> As from 5.3 we also set the locale automatically (from the browsers
Accept-Language setting in Guvnor.jsp (which is set as the welcome page in
web.xml too). Guvnor.html remains.