[rules-users] Create rules programatically

David Godfrey davidgodf at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 09:33:27 EDT 2011

Hi,

Can someone point me in the direction of documentation or code examples for
the following? I want to programatically create rules for execution, e.g.
within my application I will hold criteria which users will define, at
runtime I would like to build a component to extract these values (from my
app database) and build rules based on those values. Everything I've seen so
far seems to talk about using DRL files, ideally I want to programatically
create the entire rule in Java, and then call Drools to execute my rule set.

Thanks,