[rules-users] Smart Templates

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Wed Jun 1 10:56:31 EDT 2011

Hi,

Basically, you have 2 options.

1) You call the function getType() from your .drl file. The function will be
executed at runtime.

header
name
value

TEMPLATE
WHEN
blabla
THEN
$type.setName($service.getType("@{value}"));

2) Execute the function before you compile your rules with Rule Templates.
I.e. make sure your objects have an attribute whose value will be set by
getType() and use this value in the Template.

header
name
value
type

TEMPLATE
WHEN
blabla
THEN
$type.setName("@{type}");

Hope this helps.

Btw, am I understanding it correctly that you do not want to use a Decision
Table because you are worried about manageability of your ruleset? And, in
stead, you want to create rules directly from Java objects, using templates.
If this is correct, could you tell me how you are going to manage these
objects?

Regards,
Frank