[rules-users] Declared fact metadata

pagrus pagrus at gmail.com
Thu Jun 2 05:40:52 EDT 2011

Hi,

I'm exploring declared fact metadata capabilities, hoping that it will
enable declaring validation constraints.

One thing I cant find in both docs and API is the way to introspect the
metadata of certain declared fact type.

E.g, given the example from Drools Expert docs

declare Person
    @author( Bob )
    @dateOfCreation( 01-Feb-2009 )

    name : String @key @maxLength( 30 )
    dateOfBirth : Date
    address : Address
end

... is it possible to determine programmatically what metadata is associated
with Person's attributes? Or more specifically - determine that "name" field
has "maxLength(30)" metadata associated?

Thanks,
Pavel