[rules-users] Decision Tables with Business Rule Tasks?

Mcintosh, Michael G michael.g.mcintosh at citi.com
Thu Jun 2 11:14:49 EDT 2011

Thanks for your response. However, I am still having trouble.

I started with the Decision Table and Flow examples.

I modified the example DT call a method in an instance of a class I defined. I setup the DecisionTableTest code to create the object and initialize it. After the fileAllRules call I dumped out the object and verified that its state had changed (the method was invoked by the DT rule).

I modified the ProcessTest code to use a ScriptTask to similarly call the method on the object and verified that it worked.

I then changed the code to go from using a ScriptTask to a RuleTask, trying to use the DT from the first step. I can see in the audit log that the process reaches the ScriptTask, but it does not proceed to the next task. Also, I can see that the rule does not execute (the method is not invoked).

Can someone recommend some steps I should take to debug this problem? Is there an example somewhere that uses a ScriptTask from a DT?

Regards,
Mike