[rules-users] Lazy (Just-In-Time) Loading of Facts

danny.robinson dannyjrobinson at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 15:46:05 EDT 2011

I'm new to Drools, and really need to know if the engine can support lazy
wrong, but I want to avoid retrieval for attributes that are not referenced
during rule execution, and only retrieve attributes as the first time they
are used in the current evaluation as some objects could come from database
or other systems.

In coding terms:

if x==false && y==true

then, I should never need to retrieve 'y'.

In addition, I cannot use pojo's at design time, as my data structures are
defined by the business and loaded at runtime, so I tried looking at
declared types, but I'm not certain these will support lazy loading.

Thanks,

Danny