[rules-users] Drools in non-eclipse environment

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Jun 9 04:50:17 EDT 2011

Op 09-06-11 10:29, Abhay B. Chaware schreef:
> I am using drools 5.1.0
>
> Let me explain what I am trying to do.  I am trying to write a drools app on to android platform.  In my app, I have added following jars in the application classpath -

> antlr-runtime.jar
> drools-api.jar
> drools-compiler.jar
> drools-core.jar
> mvel2.jar
>
> Do I need any other jar files ?

If you precompile (using the maven-plugin of angkar out there), you only
need required the dependencies of drools-core as defined by the maven
pom.xml:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.drools|drools-core|5.2.0.CR1|jar
   (ignore all dependencies with scope=test, scope=provided or
optional=true)
So no need for jdt, no need for drools-compiler, ...

But if you don't precompile, you need all required dependencies (which
includes jdt, but IIRC you exclude jdt and include janino instead) as
defined by the maven pom.xml:

http://search.maven.org/#artifactdetails|org.drools|drools-compiler|5.2.0.CR1|jar
   (ignore all dependencies with scope=test, scope=provided or
optional=true)

Much is cleaned up for 5.2, I 'd recommend using 5.2.0.CR1 at this point
(final will be released soon).

PS: Consider declaring your dependencies with maven 3, buildr, ivy or
gradle: just adding jars to the classpath until it works is asking for
trouble.