[rules-users] How does Drools support Notifications?

Jay mzliang723 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 03:24:51 EDT 2011

Hi there,
As I associate Notification and Deadline with HumanTask node, that is,
extend the HumanTask node with params of Notification(e.g. notification
name/priority/description/recipients..etc), params of Deadline(StartDeadline
and EndDeadline).

What I want  is: if deadline is missed, an email notification can be sent to
the recipients. And according to the 2nd constructor of
TaskService(org.drools.task.service.TaskService) and
DefaultEscalatedDeadlineHandler, I can construct the TaskService with a
DefaultEscalatedDeadlineHandler to handle the notification in TaskServer.

But, will it work? According to WS-HumanTask spec, if a task has not been in
"InProgress" state, notification sent, but where will it check the state of
task? Because if the task has been in "InProgress" state, notification can't
be sent. EndDeadline also has a similar story.

So how does Drools support Notification? Because according to this
post:http://blog.athico.com/2008/09/drools-and-ws-humantask.html, it has
been fixed.

Any advice is highly appreciated.

Thanks,