[rules-users] Drools Server - Setup Issues

Abhay B. Chaware Abhay.Chaware at kpitcummins.com
Wed Jun 22 05:53:32 EDT 2011

To setup drools-server :

 1.  Download droolsjbpm-integration-distribution-5.2.0.M2.zip from drools site
 2.  extract the zip file and locate "drools-came-server-5.2.0M2.war in the "binaries" folder.
 3.  Copy the war to the tomcat/webapps directory
 4.  Extract the war file in webapps directory
 5.  copy your model classes and the rules file ( .drl )  into the "classes" folder inside this web-app
 6.  Start tomcat

I wrote a PHP client to access the rules service.

                        $url = "http://localhost:8090/drools-server/kservice/rest/execute"
                        $post_data = file_get_contents("drools-request-ts.xml");
                        $headers = array("Content-Type" => 'text/plain; charset=utf-8',"Accept" => "text/plain; charset=utf-8");
                        $rta = http_post_data($url, $post_data,array('headers' => $headers ));
                        echo "Response : ".$rta;

drools-request-ts.xml  looks something like this :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
            <batch-execution lookup="ksession1">
         <insert out-identifier="cat0">
             <com.ts.Category>