[rules-users] Intersecting two collections in LHS

Hezi Stern hezis at delegatecom.com
Thu Jun 23 04:22:08 EDT 2011

I have in the working memory all possible sentences that can be presented to
the user ( class Sentence() ).

Each sentence holds a collection (String collection) called descriptor that
describe the sentence.

Based on  various rules I populate a collection called messageFilter which
will be used to select the appropriate sentence.

The proper sentence is one that all its descriptors match the one in the
messageFilters

What I would like is something of the sort:

$sentences:       ArrayList()

from collect (Sentence(descriptor contains messageFilter)

as messageFilter is a collection, this is not a valid code.

What would be the proper method to implement it.

I am using drools 5.1.1 but am willing to upgrade to 5.2 if required.

Thanks,

Hezi