[rules-users] Guvnor guided editor problem - "add more options"

marros martin.roscoe at vships.com
Fri Jun 24 03:39:15 EDT 2011

Hi Mike,

Ok so now I have downloaded guvnor-distribution-5.2.0.final.zip

Again I trashed everything I had set up and started again.

I extracted the jboss-as-distribution-6.0.0.final.zip to a folder called
c:\software\jboss on my pc.

I have also created environment variables for JAVA_HOME and JBOSS_HOME and
made sure they are included in the PATH statement (oout of interest I have
installed the JDK1.6.0_26 release)

I can then launch the AS from here (by running the run.bat file from the
\bin folder) and I am able to open a browser to the home page on
http://localhost:8080

I then extracted the guvnor-distribution-5.2.0.final.zip to a seperate
folder. Then went to the binaries folder and before copying I renamed
guvnor-5.2.0.Final-jboss-as-6.0.war file to just guvnor.war (The Guvnor
manual recommends this for a "nicer" URL) I then copied this file into
c:\software\jboss\jboss-6.0.0.final\server\default\deploy folder

Again I can see the AS trying to deploy the guvnor.war file. the first thing
that happens is an error stating "Failed to add deployment:
vfs:///c:/software/jboss/jboss-6.0.0.fnal/server/default/deploy/guvnor.war:
org.jboss.deployers.spi.DeploymentException: Failed to mount archive:
"/c/software/jboss/jboss-6.0.0.fnal/server/default/deploy/guvnor.war

I then get lthe following:

http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n3103179/jbaserr.jpg

I have followed the install instructions contained in the Guvnor Manual for
users & administrators for 5.2.0.Final (which was downloaded with the
distribution at the begginning of this message). I know am a complete newbie
and I am not really a programmer, but I need to be looking at Drools and and
am just trying to get it installed and running!!!!

-----
--
Best Regards

Marros