[rules-users] Accessing List<String> with mvel in condition

esstrata esstrata at yahoo.es
Mon Jun 27 09:41:11 EDT 2011

Hi,

  I've tried several options but none working so I welcome any help.

* I'm using Drools 5.1.1.
* I succesfully insert several List<String> into Working Memory and I'm able
to printout them with a debug rule.
* The problem is, when I try to access a position in a list I get no match
even though I have values that should match. Here is the relevant code:

rule "B Number has characters other than numbers"
	dialect "mvel"
	when
		$traffic_row : List(this[5] matches "[^0-9]")
	then
		System.out.println("row found" + $traffic_row)
        end

Thank you in advance