[rules-users] MUTEX, mutual exclusion in Drools?

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 07:48:02 EDT 2011

The hairy catchword in the post is "only".

Most of the time, it's best to design the conditions so that only one rule
will reach the agenda.

If this is too circumstantial, salience might be used to let the "special"
case fire before the "general" case; but then something must be done to
remove the activation of the latter. You can, for instance, retract the (a)
contributing fact. Or mark it and include "not marked" in all conditions.
Or...

-W