[rules-users] Limiting rule evaluation--not firing

FrankVhh frank.vanhoenshoven at agserv.eu
Mon Mar 21 08:31:32 EDT 2011

Hi,

Having the same questions you had, I played a bit with agenda-groups to see
if there was any notable performance effect.

I added 200 extra rules which did not fire at all and did two "series" of
rule executions. Once with all rules within the same agenda-group and once
with the 200 extra rules in a different agenda-group, while setting focus to
the firing rules. Allthough I cannot claim statistical significance, I
didn't notice big effects.

As I consider it, the reason for still evaluating all rules is because you
would need an Update() statement everytime focus is switched to an other
agenda-group to make sure Objects are matched to those rules.

Maybe ruleflow-groups work a bit different - allthough I doubt it - but I
haven't played with them yet.

Regards,
Frank