[rules-users] Turning off mvel strict-mode evaluation in within Eclipse/Drools?

drdaveg drdaveg at gmail.com
Tue May 3 12:03:09 EDT 2011

A common problem in using Drools DSL is MVEL's "Unable to build
expression.....unqualified type in strict mode...."  Many posts mention
error, I have looked at drools-compiler.jar, drools-core.jar, drools-api.jar
but I haven't found a real solution to the problem yet, i.e.,  a way to
unset strict mode compilation within the Eclipse editor/plug-in.

I have worked around this issue many times, but have an expression that
ignores my typing cues.

Can strict mode evaluation be unset via a property like one I might expect
in drools.default.rulebase.conf?