[rules-users] Firing the rule at the basis of time

kkelleyjr karl.kelley.jr at gmail.com
Fri May 6 15:07:22 EDT 2011

Thanks for the Reply,

What you are saying makes sense... So, for my purpose of learning timers I
would like to take a look at this further... The issues I am having is
finding a reference to the real time session clock... So how can I get a
reference to the session clock so that I can set time stamp properties
within my facts...

Also, I should point out that I am using the drools server so the
configuration would be through spring in the knowledge-services.xml file...

My thought is that I would set a global in my rules.drl file to the session
clock instance... But I can not find the session clock for the real time
session clock... Also, how would the spring configuration look...

Use Case:

Load some facts with a message in them, the last run time stamp is set to
the current time, the next run time is set to some time in the future...

Timer rule will check the current session time to the next run time and fire
when appropriate...

Then the facts last run time is updated as well as the next run time...

Sounds simple... Just need to know how to get a ref to the session clock so
I can do the checking and updating...

Thanks for any advice...

Any advice is welcome...