[rules-users] "Rule-Id" for a Drools Rule

harishtejwani harish at htejwani.com
Sun May 8 15:25:47 EDT 2011

Hello Wolfgang / Team:

The concept of meta-data works very nicely in DRL

rule "Our Rule A"
    @ID( "11003589" )
when
….
then
…

But how do we manage this in Guvnor? Guvnor's Technical editor does like if
I add @ before 'when'.

=>

How can we create/manage rule-metadata attributes in Guvnor (for rules) and
even for facts if they are declared?

e.g. In Technical or Guided Editors? i.e. How can we create such Meta-data
when defining a new rule.

Is there anyway-way to Auto-generate these or Auto Assign these e.g. I can
Auto Generate the RULE-ID or set-it to a known value?

Thanks in advance for your reply ;)

Best

Harish