[rules-users] Deploying Guvnor on a existing repository DB

maav mattias.avelin at netlight.se
Thu May 12 09:31:12 EDT 2011

In case someone else runs into the same problem this is how I solved it.

In order for a fresh Guvnor installation to work against a pre-existing
repository you need to add the following files to the appserver config
directory (in the case of Glassfish /config/)

repository/repository/namespaces/ns_idx.properties
repository/repository/namespaces/ns_reg.properties
repository/repository/nodetypes/custom_nodetypes.xml

These files are generates the first time you deploy guvnor and let it create
a new repository.

If someone knows why these files needs to be present for Guvnor to
understand that it should use the existing repository instead of (trying to)
create a new one I would be very interested to hear. Especially since the
information in these files seem to be pretty static.

Best Regards

Mattias Avelin