[rules-users] drools-spring drools-grid-impl dependency

Tommy Odom odom at finelineprototyping.com
Wed May 18 08:26:40 EDT 2011

I was able to get drools 5.2 to deploy after removing the persistence.xml from the drools-grid-impl jar file.

The problem is that one of my classes expects a single persistence unit to exist in the WAR because it is used across multiple WARs that use different persistence unit names.  It appears that Glassfish is seeing both persistence.xmls and setting up multiple PUs.

I can figure out a way to rework the design so that it still works but it still seems like a reasonable request that drools-spring not depend on the full grid implementation and all of its dependencies.