[rules-users] org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase not getting released

dkrishna djkrishna at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 14:49:15 EDT 2011

Hi,

  I am using Drools 5.1.1 and Spring-Drools configuration to load excels on
startup and inject stateful session into Java service. I noticed
org.drools.reteoo.ReteooRuleBase not getting released when I redeploy the
app. Other suspect that I notoced is
org.drools.rule.builder.dialect.java.parser.JavaLexer. After redeploy (stop,
uninstall and install) previous deploy ReteooRuleBase is still out there
along with new instance.

 Is there a known memory leak in 5.1.1 or do I need to cofigure Spring
differently ? I am attaching config code below.

Env:
Drools 5.1.1
WAS 6.1
JDK 5

	<drools:kbase id="kbase1">
		<drools:resources>
 			<drools:resource type="DTABLE"
				source="file:/Rules/ruleset1.xls">
			<drools:decisiontable-conf input-type='XLS' worksheet-name="Sheet1"/>
			</drools:resource>

 			<drools:resource type="DTABLE"
				source="file:/Rules/ruleset2.xls">
			<drools:decisiontable-conf input-type='XLS' worksheet-name="Sheet1"/>
			</drools:resource>
		</drools:resources>

		<drools:configuration>
			<drools:mbeans enabled="true" />
			<drools:event-processing-mode mode="STREAM" />
		</drools:configuration>
	</drools:kbase>

	<drools:ksession kbase="kbase1" type="stateful" id="ksession1"/>

	<bean id="rulesService" class = "com.RulesServiceImpl">
		<constructor-arg ref="ksession1"/>
	</bean>