[rules-users] drools dynamic LHS

Greg Barton greg_barton at yahoo.com
Wed May 25 00:43:53 EDT 2011

This design would get my vote, especially if the rules for each state diverge even slightly.  The thing is, this kind of divergence can become a nightmare over time if you design too tightly to any initial requirements. The initial divergence always increases. :)  One main selling point for rule based systems is that they're supposed to scale to higher complexities.  They can if your design allows for it.

Also, there's no reason that several states couldn't share the "facts per state" rules if their rules were identical.