[rules-users] Decision table imported into guvnor fails validation

Lisa Horton LHorton at ABCLegal.com
Tue May 31 13:38:52 EDT 2011

I have a decision table (xls) that I am able to successfully load into a knowledge base and test in my java code.  However, when I import it into guvnor using the Create a File upload for xls type, validation fails with these errors:

[document list decision table] Rule Compilation error The type com.domain.job.AbstractJob is not visible The type org.apache.commons.lang.reflect.MemberUtils is not visible Syntax error on token "enum", Identifier expected The type org.apache.commons.lang.Entities is not visible The type com.abclegal.domain.activity.AbstractActivity is not visible Syntax error on token "enum", Identifier expected Syntax error on token "enum", Identifier expected The type org.apache.commons.lang.IntHashMap is not visible The type org.apache.commons.lang.builder.IDKey is not visible The import org.apache.commons.lang.NumberRange collides with another import statement The import org.apache.commons.lang.math.NumberUtils collides with another import statement

The spreadsheet does include import statement in the rules template section, including an import of com.domain.job.AbstractJob seen above.  AbstractJob is in the POJO model.
I am at version 5.1.1

I'd appreciate any suggestions for troubleshooting.  Also, is this the recommended way to integrate decision tables with Guvnor rules (i.e. to import into guvnor), or is there a better practice for managing decision tables along with other rule sources?