[rules-users] Guvnor 5.3 : Guided Rule Editor : mixing formula and field constraint in same pattern makes editor crash

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Tue Nov 15 13:08:42 EST 2011

Hi,
As said in the subject mixing formula and field constraint in same pattern makes the guided editor crash.

I had rules in 5.2, which was using such constructions, ie normal constraint for normal tests, and sometime a formula (which transform into in-pattern "eval(...)")
These rules cannot be opened by guvnor 5.3, but compiles.
When trying to rewrite the same rule in 5.3, everything is well until I add a "formula" constraint in a Pattern already having a "normal" constraint (or a normal after a formula).
If I let only one test type, all is fine.
Otherwise, the current condition becomes empty, the action part disappears, and there is no error message in logs. ...

It seems like a bug to me. Agreed ?

I could add my "eval" outside the pattern, but I also use such constructs in some accumulate patterns ... and I don't have any solution for them (except writing all that stuff directly in DRL format ...).