[rules-users] I have 1000 rules, i want to create each 100 as one set , and fire each set when necessary

Esteban Aliverti esteban.aliverti at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 04:47:01 EST 2011

Depending on the cohesion of your rules you could have multiple solutions
to this scenario.

   1. Having different knowledge bases each one containing a set of rules.
   A knowledge base is basically a collection of rules, so you could have 10
   different kbases. The issue here is that the set of Facts (the objects you
   insert in a session) is not going to be shared between the different
   sessions of your different kbases. So you will need to insert them in the
   corresponding ksession.
   2. Having 1 kbase but separate the rule *execution* using agenda-groups.
   Please read the documentation for further information about agenda-group:
   http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.3.0.Final/drools-expert-docs/html_single/index.html
   3. Use jBPM in conjunction with rule-flow-group attribute in your rules
   to control the execution flow of your rules.

Best Regards,

Esteban Aliverti
- Developer @ http://www.plugtree.com
- Blog @ http://ilesteban.wordpress.com