[rules-users] [Planner] Train routing problem

ge0ffrey ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Tue Aug 7 02:47:55 EDT 2012

Take a look at the VRP example too: it's basically the TSP example, but with
multiple vehicles.

1) It depends, but I would add a hard constraint for this. Once 5.5.0.Final
is out, you might use move Filtering instead, so it doesn't even evaluate
those solutions (but that also blocks it from tunneling through an
infeasible solution to a new, better feasible solution, so that filtering
might be a bad thing).

2) The bigger problem is that in this design you'll be assigning an order of
StopTimes, but your goal is not to assign the StopTimes, but to assign a
trainride (from start A to destination B) to a route (through StopTimes).
The number of StopTimes depends on the route taken. This greatly influences
the design. There isn't a good example out of the box in Planner for this,
but Lukas has such a case working well for RAS2012 with Planner, which I am
hoping he'll open up after 15th August.
Note: the answer on 2) makes the answer on 1) obsolete.