[rules-users] ResourceChangeScanner and ResourceChangeNotifierImpl - hundereds of threads

paulB paul.borlin at sironahealth.com
Tue Aug 7 11:21:50 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I've run into a memory issue when using Drools, and I was hoping someone
could help out.

I have a project that uses StatefulKnowledgeSession's, and every couple of
weeks I get OutOfMemory from the JVM.  I've done heap dumps and analyzed the
dominator_tree, etc.  No luck yet in identifying the culprit.

However, I did notice that I have hundreds of the following threads (shown
below) for .ResourceChangeNotifierImpl$ProcessChangeSet and
ResourceChangeScannerImpl$ProcessChangeSet.  The thread count increases
every time a new session is created (and maybe every time a rule is
evaluated??). This seems kind of odd to me.  I'm using drool-spring to
instantiate the kbase, kagent, and resource-change-scanner.

My spring configuration is as follows, using v1.5 of the xsd under Drools
5.4.0.Final and jBPM 5.3.0.Final:

Thank you for any ideas.