[rules-users] How to define keywords that represent objects(in facts) to be able to use in rules

san_drools pathasantosh at yahoo.co.in
Thu Aug 9 13:08:54 EDT 2012

     Laune, the problem is when i define a keyword like i said above
"PersonMobileContact" for Object1($ContactNum : contactNumber && contacttype
== "mobile"). In business rule, i can use this keyword.

     This is ok, but if i want to set this $ContactNum into another object
i.e. Object2. I think i need to define the key for this action too (like
"setContactNo" --> $Object2.setAccessPoint($ContactNum));) Because we cannot
access $ContactNum directly. Or is any other way to do this.

And another point to achieve is we will have to refer different objects for
a keyword based on context. If we see above example, For
"PersonMobileContact" if the context is "productdelivery" i need to refer
Object1. and if the context is "meetingschedule" i need to refer Object2.

  I am just beginner in drools, so the things are new to me. Please suggest.