[rules-users] Web decision tables (Guvnor)

Vincent LEGENDRE vincent.legendre at eurodecision.com
Fri Aug 10 11:26:08 EDT 2012

Hi

I was wondering why you need the otherwise here.
May be it is only because you have simplified your sample, but the table you sent is like a truth-table telling what currency can be converted for a particular account.
So, as you have a 2 state answer, you can simply add rules to specify the "true" answer, by modifying the answer flag that is set to false initially. In other words, you cannot convert the currency unless a rule have triggered to set the flag to true. Or if you use a fact to store the answer, if the fact is there you can convert, if not (because no rule had triggered) you can't convert.

This way, your table becomes quite simple, but I don't know if my assumption is generalizable to your whole application.