[rules-users] expert mailing list

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:02:52 EDT 2012

My thoughts:
-1 to private: Keep it public - default to open :)
-1 to invitations: they are hurdle (even if they can request it themselves)
+1 to google groups. It's much easier for new people to join
(web/mail/newsgroup) than the complexity we got now with
nabble/mailing-list/gmane and less issues (not all nable's post are on
the mailing list, ...).
+1 to split up the user lists per drools subproject (drools, guvnor,
planner). It would reduce and focus the volume of each list.
-1 to split up the dev list or change it somehow for now

Op 14-08-12 23:48, Mark Proctor schreef:
> As the user list is now high volume, i'm contemplating an "invite only" expert list. I'm not sure who this would work, or if it's practical. But the idea is to have a lower volume list, with a higher quality of technical questions and discussions. This might make it easier for people to be engaged.
>
> I'm thinking of doing it as a google group "drools-expert-group" or something.
>
> I'm not entirely sure how to decide who gets an invite or not…. as it's very arbitrary. I guess in general anyone who gets a recommendation for someone on the list, gets an invite. But I'm open to other ideas to run this.
>
> Ideally we should be able to setup a number of moderators, that can handle this invite list, including people from the community. Although not sure if google groups supports this, need to find out.
>
> Anyway would like to here what people think, and would be interest to see alternative ways to do this. Maybe you can point to existing setups, that manage this sort of situation, that we can copy?
>
> Mark

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet