[rules-users] Rule flows in Drools planner configuration?

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 05:09:25 EDT 2012

Op 15-08-12 21:53, Garf schreef:
> spinjala wrote
>> Is it possible to have a rule flow file that defines a set of rules
>> (constraints) but executed in the order per the defined ruleflow.? I dont
>> see any example doing that so I was wondering if it is possible at all to
>> have the constraints defined with a rule flow file instead of single .drl
>> file?
>>
> I guess that the challenge here is that a rule flow file awaits
> startProcess() to be fired.
> Planner's DroolsScoreDirector.calculateScore() only calls fireAllRules().
>
> Jon
You can use multiple DRL's or even build your own RuleBase (see manual
on how to),
but currently there's no integration with RuleFlow.
Feel free to make jira for it, explaining what kind of problems this
solves (maybe there's a better alternative solution than ruleflows).

Contributions are welcome. Here is the class and method you 'd want to
look at:
https://github.com/droolsjbpm/drools-planner/blob/master/drools-planner-core/src/main/java/org/drools/planner/core/score/director/drools/DroolsScoreDirector.java#L176

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet