[rules-users] modify and update is not working in the rule file

Wolfgang Laun wolfgang.laun at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 09:36:44 EDT 2012

You must not use this:
   eval( boolBrandName && boolProviderState && boolDrugStrength )
since changes in global variables are not visible to the Drools rule engine.

But you don't need this eval(...) line, since you have
   rule "Brand Name"
   rule "Provider State" extends "Brand Name"
   rule "Drug Strength" extends "Provider State"
   rule "Check" extends "Drug Strength"
and therefore "Check" will not fire unless "Drug Strength" fires;
"Drug Strength" will not fire unless "Provider State" fires;
"Provider State" will not fire unless "Brand Name" fires.

-W