[rules-users] Specify enumeration for DSL variables?

jasonxzhong jason.zhong at ellucian.com
Fri Aug 17 10:06:21 EDT 2012

Sure I'll explain. Assuming I have the following defined in a DSL:

[consequence][]Set result "{name}" to {value} = data.results.put("{name}",
{value});

In the guided BRL rule editor, when I choose to use this DSL to add an
action, the following is displayed

   Set rule flag "[name]" to [value]

In this case data.results is a map that contains name/value pairs that can
be set be the rules. My questions are:
a. Can I attach a list of valid names to the {name} variable defined in the
DSL?
b. Is it possible to specify a list of valid values for the {value} variable
based on the value of {name} defined in the DSL? For example if
name=="valid", {value} is in [true, false]. If name=="code", {value} is in
[1,2,3,4,5]. Or if a helper function can be used for this?

Thanks,

Jason