[rules-users] Maps as Object in Drools

Frank Wilson fajwilson at gmail.com
Sun Aug 19 08:56:47 EDT 2012

Hi All,

I was reading the following thread from august 2009:

http://lists.jboss.org/pipermail/rules-users/2009-August/010178.html

I would like write a clojure DSL for drools similar to what André was
trying to do and I also feel that using maps as fact-objects would be the
most idiomatic for Clojure (at least in the general case!).

I am interested by the idea of implementing ObjectType and Accessor
interfaces proposed by Edson. It seems that this would be a good fit with
Drools and that (if understand correctly!) it would allow the map
properties to be properly indexed by the rules engine. However I cannot
seem to find these interfaces (ObjectType and *Accessor) in the current API.

http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.CR1/knowledge-api-javadoc/index.html

Could someone show me where these classes are documented? Or were they
moved or replaced? Maybe there is some source code that would make a good
example?

Thanks for your help,

Frank