[rules-users] Drools Upgrade to 5.4

dxande6 dxande6 at qwest.com
Tue Aug 21 15:05:30 EDT 2012

I'm upgrading to Drools 5.4 from Drools 5.0.1.  When I try to compile the
.drl files into a .pkg I'm getting a couple of strange errors.  Hoping
someone can help.

Here is the .drl

rule "Rule 1 - Testing"
no-loop true
	when
		$orderInfo : OrderingInfo (orderedProducts != null)
	then
		Customer customer = $orderInfo.getCustomer();
		ArrayList<ProductAttribute> productAttributes =
$orderInfo.getAttributes();
		String localCode = getCode();
end

function String getCode (Customer customer) {
	return customer.getCode();
}

I get an error when I try to compile saying the following:
    Unable to resolve type ArrayList<ProductAttribute>
    If I remove the line and just use ArrayList and leave off the
"<ProductAttribute>" component, it works.
    Any help is appreciated.

It also cannot access the getCode() function.
    I'm not sure why that is the case.

Finally, I can get all of these things to work when I run the rules using
the .DRL files.  Typically we compile them into packages prior to
deployment.

Thank you again in advance for any/all of your help.