[rules-users] java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: COMPILER_OPT_ALLOW_RESOLVE_INNERCLASSES_WITH_DOTNOTATION

Suvek suvek.shah at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 06:07:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

I have two projects 'validation' and 'service'. When I execute the rules
from unit tests under 'validation' project everything works fine. When the
same validations are invoked from 'service' project (service has mvn
dependency on validation project) I get the following error on the line
ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource(resourcePath, ResourceType.DRL );

java.lang.NoSuchFieldError:
COMPILER_OPT_ALLOW_RESOLVE_INNERCLASSES_WITH_DOTNOTATION

I looked up for the related issues but everyone says it is version mismatch,
in my case its the same jars that are used in both the cases.

what could be the reason?

thanks