[rules-users] drools-planner question: move/step/selectors

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 02:16:18 EDT 2012

Op 23-08-12 21:46, Ricardo schreef:
> Is move/step/selectors applicable to local search only? is it applicable to
> Construction heuristics too?

Construction heuristics also have the concept of a step scope and a move
scope. If you put logging on DEBUG, you 'll see its steps. With logging
on TRACE, you 'll see its steps and moves.
Note: only since 5.4 the construction heuristics actually use moves.

In 5.4 and earlier, the "old" selector was local search only and very
limited.
 From 5.5.0.Beta1 (soon to be released), a much more flexible new
selector architecture has been written, which is already working for
local search.
After the new selector docs are done (probably for 5.5.0.Beta2), I 'll
be looking into applying the new selector architecture to construction
heuristics too. That will make them much more configurable and scalable.