[rules-users] InvalidItemStateException while accessing Guvnor

worldofprasanna worldofprasanna at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 6 13:19:38 EST 2012

Hi All ..

We are getting the following error message in Guvnor when trying to access
it.

org.drools.repository.RulesRepositoryException:
javax.jcr.InvalidItemStateException: property
/drools:repository/drools:package_area/com.lsi.sort/assets/Lotting
Guidelines/drools:content: the property cannot be saved because it has been
modified externally.

This occurs in our production system and it is occurring rarely (So We
couldn t reproduce it locally in our environment).

But this issue is resolved when we restarted the Server in which the Guvnor
app is running. But this is nearly impossible as this occurs in production
system.

We are using Oracle DB as our Persistent Manager (as seen in the attachment)
and running the guvnor in clustered environment.

I presume that the issue might be related to versioning in Guvnor ? If so
can anyone guide us to solve this versioning problem ?

Herewith attached the repository.xml file.

Thanks in advance,
Prasanna Venkataraman.

repository.xml
<http://drools.46999.n3.nabble.com/file/n4021115/repository.xml>