[rules-users] documentation on rules engine and planner

Michiel Vermandel mvermand at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 7 04:35:50 EST 2012

Thanks for the explanation, Geoffrey.

I voted for https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3702 and I hope other users do so too.
I think it can be very handy for less experienced users (like myself) to get to understand how things work.

Concerning the "You can put System.out.println() in the RHS.", that only shows when the "then" part is invoked.
Sometimes I add a dummy method "invoked" to my planning entity which always returns true and prints all data I want.
I put this method as a condition in the LHS.

Though that is no permanent solution as I do not want to clutter my rules with such dummy conditions.

Regards,

Michiel

http://www.codessentials.com - Your essential software, for free!
Follow us at http://twitter.com/#!/Codessentials