[rules-users] documentation on rules engine and planner

Geoffrey De Smet ge0ffrey.spam at gmail.com
Fri Dec 7 06:03:58 EST 2012

Op 07-12-12 10:45, Lukáš Petrovický schreef:
> Michiel Vermandel píše v Pá 07. 12. 2012 v 01:35 -0800:
>> I voted for https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBRULES-3702 and I hope
>> other users do so too.
>> I think it can be very handy for less experienced users (like myself)
>> to get to understand how things work.
> In my opinion, this makes no sense - or, rather, is a subset of
> something already implemented. See the KnowledgeRuntimeLogger, which
> will produce an audit log of agenda operations. (Which can even be
> browsed in a special editor in Eclipse.)
>
> The question remains, how to expose this in Planner - and it is indeed a
> valid question. But let's not duplicate already existing functionality -
> Drools has known to do this for a long time.

Good point that we shouldn't duplicate such functionality.
But I would like to argue that KnowledgeRuntimeLogger is currently
clunky to enable.
To enable it is a programmatic change, not a configuration change.

I would argue: every Logger should be able to be enabled through normal
logging configuration (= logback.xml, log4j.xml, ...).
Just like in any other framework (hibernate, weld, spring, ...)

So maybe for 6.0, we can replace KnowledgeRuntimeLogger by normal logging?