[rules-users] XML rule: Wrongly interpreted Numeric String to Number

Christina Lau lau.christina at hit.com.hk
Fri Dec 14 00:01:11 EST 2012

Dear all,

System is generating XML rule file with literal-restriction like that:
            <field-constraint field-name="myStringTypeField">

              <literal-restriction evaluator="=="
                value="0020" />
            </field-constraint>

I am expecting the constraint is in form of

   myStringTypeField == "0020"

However, the outcome is

  myStringTypeField == 0020   (the double quote is missed)

causing my rule fails all the time.

Does anyone know if it it the problem of XML parsing? If yes, can I do
something to override the default parser behaviour?

Thank you very much.
Christina