[rules-users] Drools Planner: Solving a job schedule problem

mr_moe mc_entry at web.de
Fri Dec 14 05:58:58 EST 2012

Thanks for your answer.
In PAS, a bed in a room gets assigned to an admission. Adapting this example
on my problem, only the bed is in any interest. The bed would be the machine
to which I’m scheduling my jobs to. A job would be an admission. But in
difference to PAS, in my problem the admissions (jobs) cannot be scheduled
to different beds (machines), because I only have one bed. Also the
admission has no fixed start or end date in my problem. Therfore the planner
has to go through the different start dates instead of going through the
different beds. Furthermore it is relevant, how many days the bed is not
occupied. Both constraints don’t get considered in the PAS example.