[rules-users] [planner] Looking for testimonials for Drools Planner

Reinis drools at orbit-x.de
Sun Dec 16 08:06:36 EST 2012

Country: Germany
Company: REMAsoft (www.remasoft.com)
Project: iC (ic.remasoft.com)
portfolio planning. Project-list and resource-list is supplied as input
and optimal project portfolio plan is generated by the service. Our
solution relieves resource and project managers by simplifying and
accelerating planning process and supports sales, support and
controlling organisations by providing up-to-date project portfolio
information next to in real-time (within minutes after entering or
changing input).
Testimony: As a provider of services for the automated planning and
scheduling we at REMAsoft are very pleased to see the pace of
development of the Drools Planner framework. In its current version
(5.5.0.Final) Drools Planner proves yet once more the focus and the
goal-orientation of its creators. Over the time (we are using Drools
Planner since the year 2010) we have experienced continuous development
of the framework towards the industry-readiness. In these past years we
observed the framework becoming continuously more robust, scalable, easy
to use and re-inventing itself based on the most current research &
development findings by the framework team at Redhat/JBoss or those
provided by the community. Currently we are excited about and specially
looking forward to the newest developments in the areas of construction
heuristics, selectors, caching and repeated planning. Finally, we
strongly encourage Redhat to push the effort of providing full
enterprise support and certification for the Drools Planner as this, in
our opinion, is the final yet missing cornerstone for Drools Planner to
become a de facto standard solution for the business resource usage
optimization.

kind regards
Reinis