[rules-users] Rules with variable timers

riri irina.adam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 09:59:08 EST 2012

Hy,

I would also be interested in having a timer working with variables. In my
case I need to have a rule that fires when an event is detected inside a
certain interval of time (say 22h-07h in a day), and this interval should be
configurable at runtime. I tried using a global value but I get an "Unable
to build set timer" error.

Another way to do this I guess would be to put a timestamp attribute in my
event class and check if the value is inside the interval but I was looking
forward to using the functionality of the cron timer.. Would it be possible
to use domain specific language parameters {} in the timer? It would really
be helpful to be able to use some sort of variable since the whole idea
behind my application is to allow the users to set values in the rules
without having to directly modify the .drl file.

If there are better ideas out there I'm open to suggestions since I'm just
starting with Drools and Fusion.

Regards